June 26, 2012

London Calling...

The other day MC arrived home from work, cracked open his laptop and said check this out! 'This' was a British Airways ad, featuring London Calling by The Clash, regarding the upcoming Olympics. The summer of 2012 has been a busy one already! We've just finished celebrating The Queen's Diamond Jubilee and now the country is in the final stages of preparing for the Summer Olympics. The Jubilympics as some have coined it! We like our sports so this summer will be a good one. Wimbledon, The Tour de France and the summer Olympics. We've got Olympic tickets to see some rowing and the road race. Yeppy! 

We're celebrating the summer for other reasons too! In less than a week my sweet parents will be flying in for a visit! Bea is going to be in heaven! She is my dad's buddy. She gets so excited to talk to him on Skype and hasn't seen him since last Christmas. She is going to be over the moon! We told her that Grandma 'Ma' and Grandpa 'Pa' are coming to see her and that they will be traveling on a plane. Every time she hears a plane in the sky Bea says, "Pa, Ma plane!!!" Not yet Bea...

With Grandparents landing, girl's day outs and a quick getaway for MC and I planned...London is calling and we can't wait! 

'Ma, Bea & 'Pa 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know they are sooooooooo very excited about coming. I cannot imagine not seeing Kyndall but every three to six months. Thank goodness for Skype!! I love this pic and I love your parents!! They are very dear people! I hope ya'll have a wonderful time while they are there!

Phyllis

Happy Homemaker UK said...

So exciting! Jubilympics - hadn't heard that one yet - good one. My new favorite English expression of late is 'chillaxing' (chilling + relaxing). So wonderful to 'meet' you here! XOL