January 30, 2013

Lobsters and Daffodils

Some days go by slowly but the years seem to roll along quickly. This month marks an end to an era in our family. Most of our meals take place at the bar in our kitchen. Like so many families around the world, our kitchen is the heart of our home. Everyone ends up in the kitchen morning, noon and night! Since Bea was a few months old she has sat in the Lobster for most of her meals. I can't say enough good things about this highchair! Bea is fast approaching the maximum weight for the chair. Sniff sniff... We will be adding a third bar stool in the not so distant future. Before we do, I wanted to remember our girl in her first chair at our table. 

Bea & MC 'chatting' 

We thought she was sooo big

Bea drank her first tea (95% milk 5% decaf Earl Grey) in her 'big girl' tea cup the other day. Being a true Brit she loved it and asked for a second cup. Her tea was accompanied by a Scottish shortbread biscuit. BTW, espresso cups are perfect for little tea drinkers. 

Enjoying her 'oh so white with none'


Our kitchen bar is decorated with more than just lobsters...This pitcher was a Christmas gift from mom. This past week I filled it with these sunny cheerful daffodils. Does it seem weird to have daffos in January? Well, when I saw them at the shop I thought so, but I couldn't help but bring them home! 
  


So life's not all flowers and lobsters... I find that I always need pens and paper in the kitchen for writing notes or lists or random thoughts that enter my brain. I repurposed a creamer and toast rack to house my favorite pens and paper. The lunch note cards go in MC's packed lunches from time to time. I can't wait to do this for Bea when she heads off to school! 
   


You do not like them.
So you say. 
Try them! Try them!
And you may. 
Try them and you may I say.
~Dr. Suess 


3 comments:

Sally@Enlightenment for the Sleepy said...

I love that your baby loves tea! I'm a Brit living in Florida and my boys all love to have a cup of tea. It's funniest when we order it at somewhere like Cracker Barrel the eyebrows do get raised.

Krys said...

Love the toast rack organizer! And of course the photos of Miss Bea as well. I can't wait until June and Bea can have a tea party together. :)

MB said...

Sally,
The thought of ordering tea that's not sweet in Cracker Barrel cracks me up! That is hilarious!

Krys,
I'm lookin' forward to that tea party too!